Hints to promote your “Y-Ties” Fundraiser
Review and use the tips listed below to help your “Y-Ties” program be fun, easy and successful!
- Set beginning and ending dates for your program. “Y-Ties” are terrific ‘stocking stuffers’ and selling around the Christmas holidays is very effective!
- Send out Parent Send Home e-mails. E-mails let parents know about the “Y-Ties” Fundraiser and get them aware and involved. A Parent ‘Send-Home’ template has been included in this media kit and can be modified to suit your needs.
- Have clearly stated goals. Communicate goals regularly – before, during and after the program. Parents and students will participate if they understand the program’s goals and how funds will be used.
- Get help! Get parent and student volunteers to organize and distribute orders. This ensures a smooth and efficient “Y-Ties” Fundraiser.
- Place “Y-Ties” Signs and Posters in conspicuous locations – school entrances, lunch rooms and the main showcase or bulletin boards.
- School announcements offer opportunities to promote your “Y-Ties” program. A ‘School announcement template’ has been included in this kit and can be modified for your school.
- Show the “Y-Ties” video during morning announcements or in individual classrooms. Kids LOVE this fun and educational video!
- The school newsletter and local newspapers are great for promoting your “Y-Ties” Fundraiser. A sample newsletter template is included and can be modified for your school.
- Distribute the “ Y-Ties” Comix ASAP! K-2nd graders get the ‘Young Kids’ Comix and 3rd grade and up the ‘Older Kids’ Comix. . . Kids can find the secret messages!
- Hand Out Order Envelopes all over town! The more you give out – the more you get back!
- Say “Thank You” to those who help you along the way!
The key to a successful “Y-Ties” fundraiser is effectively promoting it to parents and students.
There are a number of tools to assist you in your “Y-Ties” fundraiser.
The links below will take you to text based ‘templates’ you can CUT & PASTE into your own emails, Word documents, or bulk email programs:
Use the Posters, Older and Younger Kids Comix, Parent ‘Send Home’ Flyers & Order Envelopes, Parent stickers, and e-mail templates!